Thursday, April 22, 2010

Meet the girls.

One of the things I have really missed since leaving Nipomo was my chickens. They were actually Cooper's chickens to begin with--He had a little egg-selling business, that was of course operating completely in the red, as all chicken owners will attest to. However, we did discover that chickens make wonderful pets, especially when hand-raised, and will come running to you when they see you...a pleasant surprise. One of the first things I did when we moved here was to find out that chickens are indeed legal in Eugene City limits, so this past weekend, I went and picked up this little gathering of girls. So it is with great pleasure that I introduce you to:

Penelope and Mabel


Evangeline
Evangeline


Hortense and Rose


and Hazel.


They will be getting a coop soon; in the meantime they are living in our storage shed. They will provide us with a bounty of eggs, and will help keep the snails out of my little veggie garden that I will be planting soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment