Tuesday, March 13, 2012

101 things about me.

1. I was born on February 5th; My parent met on February 5th, a few years earlier.
2. I’m a middle child.
3. I’ve never been happy with a hairstyle.
4. I love the color of my hair.
5. I’m a freakishly good speller.
6. I had a really happy childhood.
7. I’m a logophile. (Look it up!)
8. I had all four grandparents until my 20’s.
9. I’m anal about proper grammar.
10. I only like unwaxed dental floss.
11. I’m a voracious reader.
12. I’m a history buff. It makes me weepy.
13. Unscented is always best.
14. I love trivia. I’m a veritable fount of useless information.
15. I hate math. It’s completely beyond me.
16. I act superstitious, but I’m not.
17. Ice cream is my favorite food. Except maybe Pizza.
18. I love to dance. By myself.
19. I knew 3 of my great-grandparents.
20. I can drive a stick-shift. I learned when I was 8.
21. I always cry during the National Anthem.
22. I make my own laundry detergent. Because.
23. I don’t blame my parents.
24. I don’t do New Year’s resolutions. If something needs to be changed, do it now. Or don’t.
25. I’m a smartmouth.
26. I don’t wear makeup, just a little lip-gloss to avoid scaring animals and small children.
27. If I bother, I paint my toenails. Never my fingernails.
28. I hate manufactured smells. I make my own body oils.
29. Commando. Always.
30. I’d rather make it than buy it, almost universally.
31. Less is more. Simple is, well, simpler.
32. I’m not a worrier. Wasted effort.
33. I’m an extrovert. I’m not afraid of public speaking.
34. I’m frightfully pragmatic.
35. Blood-and-guts are more interesting than frightening.
36. I don’t care what people think about me, except when it’s something not true.
37. I don’t like being unfairly blamed for things.
38. Shorts. At first crocus.
39. I’m an excellent judge of character.
40. My legs are my best feature. 41” from hip to toe, and I run 3 days a week.
41. I don’t have a worst feature. Not because I don’t have one, but because I choose not to think that way.
42. Not a leader, not a follower. I have my own drum-beat.
43. I forget. A lot.
44. I’m not a saver. Purge and move on.
45. I am a good keeper of memories.
46. I love change, but I appreciate things that stay the same.
47. I hate the words “I can’t.” Tell me I can’t do something I want to do, and I’ll show you I can.
48. Sometimes I’m afraid my heart will burst with loving my kids. Literally.
49. I cry during sappy commercials.
50. I’d rather read a good story than watch a great movie.
51. All my kids have a “theme song”
52. I am compulsive about making familial connections.
53. I am not comfortable getting gifts.
54. I hated high school.
55. I still dread running into high school classmates 25 years later.
56. I tested at a post-grad reading level in the 5th grade.
57. I tested at a 3rd grade math level in the 5th grade.
58. I had a math tutor the summer between 5th and 6th grade.
59. I still probably only have a 5th grade math ability.
60. I can identify at least 4 or 5 breeds of chickens.
61. Same with bovines.
62. Stupidity drives me crazy.
63. I don’t feel grown-up.
64. I love babies, but generally dislike children other than my own.
65. I’ve done the est training
66. Repetitive tasks relax me.
67. I’m a published digital artist.(AKA scrapbooker in digital medium)
68. I am a night owl.
69. I can be an excellent liar.
70. I have to concentrate before telling left from right.
71. I am a great flirt.
72. I don’t have a best girlfriend. 
73. All my greatest friends have been male.
74. My best female friends have all been at least 10 years older than me.
75. I have never been dumped.
76. I got through 3 years of college without ever having taken the SAT.
77. I do not get jealous.
78. I develop crushes all the time. My husband knows.
79. I think sexiness is all about attitude.
80. I am a sucker for well-trimmed facial hair.
81. There are things I would literally kill for.
82. I believe that what goes around, comes around.
83. I once had the opportunity to trade sex-for-a-grade. I turned it down, and got an ‘A’ anyway.
84. I can be very diplomatic.
85. I’ve also turned down the opportunity to be a ‘kept’ woman.
86. I once wore 26-36 jeans. 
87. I have never been ‘OK’ with my body.
88. I once ran 10 miles in exactly 1 hour. Bad break-up.
89. I love driving with no predetermined destination.
90. I don’t have any major regrets.
91. I don’t believe that there is “one person” for anyone.
92. Being married is harder than being a parent.
93. I would definitely try –and be good at -- living off the grid.
94. I don’t like getting flowers. Total waste of a perfectly beautiful living thing.
95. I could go for days without interacting with another person.
96. I love quick, intimate exchanges; a touch, a squeeze, a glance, but hate holding hands, arms around me.
97. I have been robbed at ‘knifepoint’ – turned out to be a screwdriver.
98. I love organizing, have a hard time staying that way.
99. I face all my bills.
100. Lazy parents annoy the hell out of me. No trip to the (insert destination here) is worth compromising on proper behavior.
101. Oh, yeah; I'm a cancer survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment