Without dwelling on the 5 or 6 photos I took of the before. Here are *a couple* photos, just so you can see that it indeed needed some serious attention. The view is the same from every perspective: Utter bedlam.
BringRecycling. I loved it for the wheels, and hoped that I could come up with a way to use the old wood that made up the bed of it. I decided to make a platform bed, and put the wheels on the bed, and incorporate a bat-storage solution. For literally years I have fought with the pile of bats that constantly got knocked over behind his door.
This past month, we got a new roof, and the roofers very kindly left me their left-overs, and when I went out to take stock, realized that they had left me just enough wood to accomplish the platform for the bed.
The next project were the shelves he has so desperately needed. I mapped out on graph paper the dimensions of the wall, then figured out just how much pipe I would need to buy.
The final task in the room project was a bedside table. This was easy. I borrowed the pipe motif, then used that old wood from the hand-truck. Planed it down to the new clean wood, then fashioned a table top and a lower shelf. Screwed the flanges on, the lower shelf rests on a coupler between an 18-inch nipple and a 10-inch nipple, and a flange at the floor. Done. Good looking room, just in time for Coopers last year at home.