Friday, April 9, 2010

Crockpot Lasagne

This recipe is posted for my friend Kim's benefit...I got a call while in costco last night, and she was looking for an easy crockpot recipe. (I love that the phrase 'easy crockpot' is the ultimate in redundancy) I am forced to admit with the posting of this recipe that it is the ultimate in lazy cooking, but totally worth the (non)effort, because it is one of about 3 standard recipes that I cook that get ZERO complaint from ANYONE. --Usually at least one person in the house turns up their nose at the dinner plan...A facial tic that I grow SO WEARY of seeing, so I go to Costco and buy their 'super saturated fat' garlic bread (my term, not theirs)and throw together a salad, and toss this recipe in the crockpot. Hey, at least I don't buy salad-in-a-bag.


Crockpot lasagne

1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
30 ounces tomato sauce
6 ounces tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
16 ounces lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 ounces mozzarella cheese, part skim milk
1 cup water

In a skillet on the stovetop, add ground beef and onion and brown beef. Add garlic powder, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano and warm through. Spoon layer of meat sauce onto bottom of crockpot. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses. Repeat until noodles are used up. Cover with 1 cup water. Cook on low 6-8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment