Friday, January 25, 2008

Frugal Friday

Frugal tip #1 

Todays frugal tip is brought to you by the letter F and the number 5.

I have been wanting one of those reusable salad bags for a very long time; I hate the way the paper towels get unwrapped off my heads of lettuce...and they make a slimy mess if they get old. Ew. So I looked on the internet, and couldn't find anything cheaper than 12 bucks. Whaaaa? for a little slip of kitchen towel? Hey... Gooood ideeeeeaaaaa! (If you haven't noticed, you have entered my brain during a cognitive process. Hang on; it can get a little loopy.) Anyway, I went to Wal-Mart, since I go just about every day anyway, and picked up four towels of the microfiber variety that said lettuce bags are made of...brought them home, stitched them up three sides, and flipped a little hem sorta thing on the top and looped some cotton cording through (2 actually, so it could be pulled shut like a purse) Total time sewing about 10 minutes for both bags. total cost? FIVE (5) bucks. For me.Three happy heads of lettuce. Two bags. One happy mama. OK, the For thing was a stretch...

No comments:

Post a Comment