Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rested.

I have been back from my sojourn in SoCal for a week or so; Crazy busy since I got back. I had not been out of my house on a vacation for nearly 4 years and it had been sorely needed. I didn’t realize just HOW much until I returned home, re-energized to start tackling some of the tasks that have been rattling around my to-do list for too long. I would not go so far as to say I was depressed, but I had definitely gotten to the point where I would, while sitting on the loo, see dust bunnies the size of small cats peeking from underneath the chest at the foot of my bed and merely think ‘Hmmm. I wonder if dust bunnies have a growth cycle?’

My days had developed a pattern that was so predictable to me that I felt no sense of urgency to accomplish anything, because after all, I was going to be stuck in this little private hell for all eternity anyway, what was waiting one more day going to hurt?

OK…enough drama. I needed a break, and my trip to California was balm to my soul.

First, and most important, I got to see my grandma.
 

She was the same ol’ Martha…she’s a bit more forgetful, but the same happy Grandma. It has been way too long since I saw her, and I won’t wait so long again. We had a nice dinner, and a couple days later, a very nice lunch at the home where she lives. At 94, she still gets out and about, spends lots of time with her ‘friend’ Wally, (those of you who know her can just envision the slight widening of the eyes when she calls him her ‘friend’—make your own assumptions. :) ) and continues to have a full and rich life. She is blessed. I am blessed.

My creative juices were re-energized at the Remnants of the Past Vintage Show that is held at my mom’s barn twice a year. This show was held for the first time the month after we moved to Eugene, so I had never been. Heard all about it every year, and had been dying to see the madness for myself. I decided last April that I was not going to miss it again, so I set my sites on this show, anticipating that we would have steady employment, and therefore money to make the trip.

uh, yeah. That’s another blog post.

The show was awesome. Tons of really nice people, and being ‘Judi’s daughter’ definitely had it’s advantages (again.) Everybody there was super-talented, and though I thought I’d be kicking myself for not being able to afford any of the goodies, I ended up seeing it as a call to action. I’m not sure at this point what will manifest, but I know something will develop.

Perhaps the most fun was re-connecting with the people with whom I have developed ‘new’ relationships on facebook…and the new friends I met and can continue to get to know because of said social network. I didn’t get to see any of my high school classmates, with the exception of my dear friend Dana, but she and I went on a nice hike, and had a good time catching up.

Today, I am off to BRING recycling, so see what there is to see, I have been a baking fool, have been on a cleaning tear, and I promise (?) to be better about my blogging. It’s a great medium for me to keep my thoughts organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment