Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dryer: Fixed. Thank goodness for extended warranties. Normally, I don't bother with them, but I ALWAYS buy them for appliances and cell phones. Have not regretted it yet. Dryer was a 370.00 repair job. Free. (or at least amortized over the cost of the warranty, which is sorta the same thing.) All I know is that I didn't have to plunk anything down to repair the damage that a little mousie did while my dryer was in storage.

Knocking out the to-do list...Today my goal was to find a home for the books that we have; Not really enough to warrant a bookshelf, per se, but I did want to find something...Found an old green rustic ladder today at my favorite antique store in Coburg. Brought it home, and set my books on the rungs, along with some little photos and a couple of gew-gaws...so cute. I did find an old library ladder, which was, of course my first choice, since my original idea was to buy the ladder, use it for books, then actually install it someday when we have 14 ft. ceilings and need a library ladder to reach the upper shelves...and I actually found one. 80 bucks. A vintage oak library ladder, that would have been perfect in every way, except that we have 8 ft ceilings. I would have had to cut off 3 ft...and I couldn't bring myself to do it. So I passed on the ladder...and resolved to find something else that would work. I'll take a picture when I get it cleaned up and put where it will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment