Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lately...

Last night I noticed that the dryer quit working. Well, not actually quit working, but definitely quit heating up, which is just as bad...after all, I don't need my clothes tumbled so as much as I need them dry.

Of course it did.

Trying very hard not to feel cosmically ganged-up on.

On a happier note, I did find a few cute little things at the thrift store this week; A blue-green Ball jar for my collection; A cute little evenflo pitcher (Mom found me one that she gave me for Christmas a couple years ago, that I love, so now it's officially a 'collection')and some little plates...I'm a hopeless kitchen gadget girl.

Also am reading: Dan brown's latest release. Devoured it in one day...really good book, but nothing will ever touch 'The DaVinci Code'--I love it when a book really makes you think...whether or not one agrees, one is forced to think. Love that.
Also reading the latest in The Outlander series: An Echo in the Bone. I love this series, technically classified as science fiction, due to the fact that the heroine is a time-traveler, but the story is so not about that, and it's done in a very non-time travelly way....so the book feels more like historical fiction, or maybe even a romance novel. A very 'woven' story...I love stories that have lots going on, then everything gets neatly tied-up at the end. Quite unlike my actual life, which reads more like Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (The unabridged, droning on-and-on-with-no-end-in-sight version.)

No comments:

Post a Comment