Saturday, March 15, 2008

Time for another "Random photo of the day"

 
This one in honor of my dad's query in the post below regarding a memory of his about some guy belching all night in the Kenai Motel...Sorry daddy, that was either blocked or more likely, was about as big a deal to me as the current neighbors are. Other than the marijuana aroma emanating from the depths, (not cool with kids around) I really don't get bugged by that kinda stuff...I'm not sure why...probably because I'm so entertained by HOW MUCH it bugs my husband. He literally does this little freak-dance, and once one has learned to absolve oneself of any responsibility in his acute discomfort, it's really quite fascinating to watch in a weird, clinical sort of way.
Anyway, I digress...onto the picture. And all I really have to say about this is that I really was quite the little urchin, and looking back, I'm surprised my older brother didn't accidentally lose me in a snowdrift. How irritating would it be to be the older brother in that scenario?? But it was fun...one of my fondest memories of my childhood. I just wish I had a picture of Tommy's face when the kazoo came onto the scene.

ps: I just had to come on here and add that I remember humming on that kazoo while daddy learned to play that banjo so much that we had to replace the little seal in in several times...and in hindsight I cannot believe the fortitude of my parents...I SO would have said "Oh, dang...it's broken! Well, they're very expensive so we'll have to wait, but maybe soon Mama can buy another one."

No comments:

Post a Comment