Tuesday, September 9, 2008

:: Big 8th Grader ::

 
Today, as Cooper was going through the lunch line, I asked him how his day was going, and he gave his usual smart-ass response about failing grades, kicked out of classes, etc...then I asked him if he still needed to go to the store for notebooks, and that we'd go after school. He smiled at me, waved his cute little wave then wandered off with his friend Dylan. A little girl was in line behind him watching the whole thing, and as he walked away, she looked at me and said: "So, is that your son or something?" "Yes," I said; then in typical mom fashion, added "and isn't he handsome?"

She looked at me with this look...I knew she was thinking one of two things: either "Uh, NO, but I don't want to hurt your feelings" or "No way do I want this lady to know I think her son is hot"

In the end, she decided to go with the truth: big grin. "Yeah." ducks head and runs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment