Friday, April 25, 2008

No news is good news.

I have been feeling very "off balance" about my lack of blogging, but it is really just because we are so busy going through our days around here...One of the sensations I am very familiar with, as a person who has moved a lot, is that feeling when things suddenly get back into a groove. It usually takes about a year, or a little less, and suddenly I notice, quite like the sensation of having your thumb nail stop pulsing after you've pounded it with a hammer...that things just seem a little less painful. I know where I'm going now, and I know approximately how long it will take me to get there. Suddenly, everything seems to be clicking merrily along. That is us right now.

Clicking merrily along.

Cooper is into his Babe Ruth season...playing a little short stop, being a very effective closing pitcher, and frequently running practice when Dean has to work late. He loves running practice; he gets to teach kids his own age, and he "doesn't have to do anything"...but I know that it is giving him an incredible amount of confidence and his leadership skills are being honed to a fine edge. I love it that all three of my kids are leaders! (Taylor coaches for extra money, and Chloe has already signed up to be a counselor at her high school's basketball camp this summer.)

Chloe is nearly done with regular season softball already; they are going to make it to post-season play, though, so she will be going for a few weeks still. School is almost done, and she is very happy about that. She is looking forward to summer basketball, turning 15 and getting her permit. We are looking forward to her being done with the teenage girl attitude. :)

Dean has not had a break since December 31st. He has worked 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. He is looking for a job in the local school district.

I have gotten to be right A LOT lately. I love being right.

So...Lots of stuff in a holding pattern right now, as nearly everything we are about is contingent upon something else that needs to happen, but soon things are going to bust open for us, then I'll be blogging like crazy to get it all down for posterity and to provide facts and information. In the meantime...Clicking along. That's us. rest assured that if catastrophe strikes, or we have great news to impart,you'll be the first to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment