Monday, August 20, 2007

Are we there yet?

Three-fifths of the family left yesterday. They called this morning wondering where Cooper's shoes were...(!) Nice to see they still need me. :)

Taylor and I will stay another week; Dana's party is next Saturday, and I can't really abandon my mom before that...and Taylor still has a couple friends who have not left for College yet, so in typical last guy standing fashion, Taylor wanted to stay til they all left. There is also the sad task of attending Mrs. Rieger's memorial service, (she was Taylor's favorite teacher and one of his number one fans.)So we will pack the truck, and drive north on Monday.

Then I can wash my hair in that Pacific Northwest nectar-of-the-gods they refer to as merely "water"

Then I can drink a decent cup of coffee.

Then I can recycle my waste in a manner that makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time. (For those of you who have never had the experience of a "Can-Do" machine, you should come visit.) Oregon leads the nation in recycling efforts, and it makes me feel good knowing they go to so much effort to make it easy for us to do the right thing.

and of course, there is Fred Meyer.

Ahhh...the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment